February TBR


Happy February everyone! I hope all is well and you are enjoying your day today. This week's post is about...you guessed it...books! I know books have been the main content on this blog for a few weeks and that's because I haven't purchased anything besides books and I had nothing else to really talk about. Next week's post though will be different, I promise! I discovered some new things this week that I want to share and recommend to you all so stay tuned for that. Anyways, if you are interested in finding new books to read then you'll definitely enjoy this post. As it is February, the month of love, I am hoping to read some romance this month but most of the books I read already have romance in them so that won't be a problem. Most of the books in this post are fantasy novels but I have a contemporary that I am extremely looking forward to reading as well. So, without further ado let's get started with the books I plan to read in the month of February! 



Summary: Scarlett has never left the tiny island where she and her beloved sister, Tella, live with their powerful, and cruel, father. Now Scarlett’s father has arranged a marriage for her, and Scarlett thinks her dreams of seeing Caraval, the far-away, once-a-year performance where the audience participates in the show, are over.

But this year, Scarlett’s long-dreamt of invitation finally arrives. With the help of a mysterious sailor, Tella whisks Scarlett away to the show. Only, as soon as they arrive, Tella is kidnapped by Caraval’s mastermind organizer, Legend. It turns out that this season’s Caraval revolves around Tella, and whoever finds her first is the winner.

Scarlett has been told that everything that happens during Caraval is only an elaborate performance. But she nevertheless becomes enmeshed in a game of love, heartbreak, and magic with the other players in the game. And whether Caraval is real or not, she must find Tella before the five nights of the game are over, a dangerous domino effect of consequences is set off, and her sister disappears forever.
 



You probably remember that I talked about Caraval in my Most Anticipated Releases of 2017 post. Well, it came out on January 31 and I bought it! It's being shipped right now since I got the UK edition which is the picture above. I am seriously so excited for this book because I keep hearing amazing things and everyone is raving about it. I have heard it is similar to The Night Circus which I own and still haven't read but hear great things about. I can't wait until it arrives in the mail so I can see what everyone is talking about! 



Summary: Around the world, black hand prints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil’s supply of human teeth grows dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherworldly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real, she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands", she speaks many languages - not all of them human - and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.

When beautiful, haunted Akiva fixes fiery eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?


I have heard really great things about Daughter of Smoke and Bone and I was so intrigued when I read the summary. I've heard Laini Taylor's writing is beautiful which I am excited to see for myself. The picture above is the UK edition which I purchased alongside Caraval. They are both just so beautiful and I just had to have these editions. Looking forward to also receiving this one in the mail!



Summary: When Autumn Collins finds herself accidentally locked in the library for an entire weekend, she doesn’t think things could get any worse. But that’s before she realizes that Dax Miller is locked in with her. Autumn doesn’t know much about Dax except that he’s trouble. Between the rumors about the fight he was in (and that brief stint in juvie that followed it) and his reputation as a loner, he’s not exactly the ideal person to be stuck with. Still, she just keeps reminding herself that it is only a matter of time before Jeff, her almost-boyfriend, realizes he left her in the library and comes to rescue her.

Only he doesn’t come. No one does.

Instead it becomes clear that Autumn is going to have to spend the next couple of days living off vending-machine food and making conversation with a boy who clearly wants nothing to do with her. Except there is more to Dax than meets the eye. As he and Autumn first grudgingly, and then not so grudgingly, open up to each other, Autumn is struck by their surprising connection. But can their feelings for each other survive once the weekend is over and Autumn’s old life, and old love interest, threaten to pull her from Dax’s side?
 


I also talked about By Your Side in my Most Anticipated Releases of 2017 post and I am seriously looking forward to this one. This is the contemporary book I was talking about earlier so if you just want a romance novel to read this month, this is the one. I seriously love Kasie West's books because they are so cute and fun to read. They are also super short so you can read them in one sitting, which is great if you are going solo this Valentine's Day. Can't wait to get around to this one!



Summary: It's been a shattering year for seventeen-year-old Zoe, who's still reeling from her father's shockingly sudden death in a caving accident and her neighbors' mysterious disappearance from their own home. Then on a terrifying sub-zero, blizzardy night in Montana, she and her brother are brutally attacked in a cabin in the woods--only to be rescued by a mysterious bounty hunter they call X.

X is no ordinary bounty hunter. He is from a hell called the Lowlands, sent to claim the soul of Zoe's evil attacker and others like him. Forbidden to reveal himself to anyone other than his victims, X casts aside the Lowlands' rules for Zoe. As X and Zoe learn more about their different worlds, they begin to question the past, their fate, and their future. But escaping the Lowlands and the ties that bind X might mean the ultimate sacrifice for both of them.
 

I saw The Edge of Everything on Goodreads and I thought it sounded so interesting. A few weeks later I found out that BOOKSPLOSION, which is a book club created by my favourite booktubers: Christine, Jesse, and Kat, are reading this book in February! I was even more excited to read this book because I really enjoy tuning into their liveshows and talking about the book of the month. It sounds very mysterious and intriguing and I look forward to reading it. 



Summary: Thou shalt kill.

A world with no hunger, no disease, no war, no misery. Humanity has conquered all those things, and has even conquered death. Now scythes are the only ones who can end life—and they are commanded to do so, in order to keep the size of the population under control.

Citra and Rowan are chosen to apprentice to a scythe—a role that neither wants. These teens must master the “art” of taking life, knowing that the consequence of failure could mean losing their own.

I actually found out about Scythe from Alexandra from twirlingpages.com when she wrote a review on it. It sounds so cool and incredibly interesting. It is going to be apart of a series which is very exciting as well. I also found out recently that it won a Printz Honor award which just makes me want to read this even more. Also, can I just talk about the cover...it is absolutely gorgeous! I've got to get to this one soon.


I hope you had a great week and great day today. Enjoy your weekend! See you next week.


love xena

4 comments:

  1. Kasie West's By Your Side sounds good! My kinda' thing. I finally found a great book to start the tag and I'm excited--. Yesterday was just hysterical babes when you said, "I'm good Sue, I'm good," while on the couch... hahaha Welcome back and have a great week back. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sue! Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been active for over a month...oops ;) I'm so glad you liked the post. Love you xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Xena. I love reading your blog. Looking forward to your new entry.

    ReplyDelete

Xena Roberts. Powered by Blogger.