November Favourites


Hello everyone! November is over so it's time for my November Favourites. A lot of new things came out this month and I also discovered some things that I can't wait to share with you. If you are interested to learn what they are then keep reading!

Music:



reputation by Taylor Swift has been my most listened to album this month. After three years of no music, she has finally released her fourth album. It is amazing and did not disappoint. I love Taylor Swift songs and I really like the songs on this album because they are all so different. She experimented with different styles and I really appreciate how different the tracks are but go together so well. My favourite songs on the album in order are: Delicate, Dancing With Our Hands Tied, Dress, End Game (feat. Ed Sheeran & Future), Getaway Car, New Year's DayDon't Blame Me, King of My Heart, Call It What You WantSo It Goes..., and Gorgeous



I discovered Naked by James Arthur when I was looking through new singles on iTunes. I was immediately obsessed with this song and his voice. I like this style of music and his voice suits it very well.  


Flume by Alice Kristiansen was recommended to me when I was listening to a playlist I made on Spotify. This is such a beautiful song and she has such a gorgeous voice. She also makes covers on YouTube if you want to hear more of her. 

Beauty/Skincare:




I have been using Thursday Plantation tea tree oil since elementary school to get rid of my pimples. I noticed at a heath store that they also have a Tea Tree Thursday Plantation Face Wash for Acne and Medicated Gel for Acne. I love it! My face feels so clean and I have been noticing fewer pimples and if I do get a pimple they go away faster. I recommend this if you have oily, acne-prone skin.

Movies:



I've been watching W Network on weekends for the romantic Hallmark Christmas movies. I've watched a few in the past couple weeks and Christmas in Homestead and the next movie I mention below are my favourites. This movie is about when one of the most famous actresses in the world heads to the Christmas-obsessed town of Homestead, Iowa, to shoot a holiday-themed movie. She is thrown for a loop when a romance brews between her and local inn keeper and single dad, Matt. As she gets a taste of small-town life, she discovers the true meaning of Christmas. 
It was adorable as to be expected and funny in some parts as well. Super cute Christmas movie for you romance lovers!



A Christmas to Remember is also another Hallmark movie that I really enjoyed. This movie is about Jennifer Wade, an emerging celebrity chef in NYC, who is having a meltdown on the set of her Christmas Homestyle show. Desperate for a break from the "stress of her success" she takes a spur of the moment vacation in a remote Colorado town. On the way to her friend's chalet she crashes and suffers amnesia. A widower with young children, still grieving for his dead wife, takes a dazed Jennifer to his home and they wind up having magical and healing holiday experiences that both transform and heals them all. 
This sounds sort of cliche but it was really fun and cute. I loved the scenery in this movie as it was filmed in British Columbia. I recommend this if you want a cutesy, cozy, and lighthearted movie to watch. 

TV Shows:



I loved Stranger Things last year and since then it has become one of the most talked about shows. Stranger Things season 2 came out around Halloween time and I watched it and loved it. I was really hoping it would be just as good as the first season and it totally lived up to my expectations. This is one of the best TV shows ever made in my opinion. So well-thought out with a great cast and plot. If you haven't watched it already, go and watch it right now!


If you saw my other posts I love Jane the Virgin. I've been watching and loving season 4. As usual, it is hilarious and unpredictable. This also has such a great cast and plot line. Watch this if you love romance, drama, and comedy!


Every Sunday, my mom and I have been watching reruns of Home Town and we are obsessed. We both love HGTV and saw ads for this show. It is about a couple, Erin and Ben Napier, who live in Laurel, Mississippi and are trying to fix up their town one house at a time. This couple is so sweet and hard-working and I love watching their ideas unfold into beautiful masterpieces at the end. Ben is a craftsman and Erin is the interior designer and they make a great team. If you love home renovation shows, check out this one!  


Books:


Midnights by Rainbow Rowell 
Read: November 19, 2017
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐(5 stars)

Summary:
"Midnights," takes place over five New Year's Eve parties, as two characters -- Noel and Mags -- meet, become friends, then become best friends, and then try to figure out whether they're supposed to be something more.

My Review:

Rainbow Rowell is a brilliant writer. This short story was incredibly sweet and even though it is only 22 pages, I felt so connected to the characters in such a short amount of time. Rainbow is so talented and I hope she writes more short stories in the future. As a matter of fact, this story and her other short story, Kindred Spirits, are a part of their own short story collection called Almost Midnight. It also has illustrations done by Simini Blocker who does a lot of art for Rainbow Rowell. I hope to get my hands on it soon so I can read Kindred Spirits. 

Food:


Every Sunday morning, either my mom or I will make pancakes and eggs for breakfast. My favourite pancake mix is Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix and I have it with Mrs. Butterworth's Original Syrup. It's a delicious way to start the morning and a nice change from having cereal Monday-Friday. 



Carnation Rich and Creamy Hot Chocolate is an annual winter favourite. This is the best hot chocolate and perfect drink for staying warm in the colder months. I have it almost every night with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (I put 3 spoons in the milk because I like it super creamy and chocolate-y). Also, they claim that this specific bag of hot chocolate is more concentrated which is incredible because it is already a super concentrated mix. Love it!


My aunt Sue over at www.suzetteroberts.com made this amazing original chocolate ice cream. It is incredible. It's so rich and creamy, like the hot chocolate above! I couldn't get enough. Good thing she's making more!


Thanks you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post. I hope you have a wonderful day and weekend. I'll see you soon with a new post. 


love xena

2 comments:

  1. Great lists! I am loving reputation by Taylor Swift too and thanks for the intro to Alice's music-- very mellow. I think I am the last one to finish Stranger Things 2, but finally done with falling asleep within 15 mins of hitting the pillow, each and every night. Love these kids; what a dynamic group, and I will always remember Dustin's "Steve abort, abort." ~hysterics~ I'd love to meet that ice cream lady haha. Thanks babes. And thanks for a fun spa day last week. More ice cream on the way! :) See you soon. Must read 'Midnights' this week as heading to the bookstore. Love you doll, xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my recommendations! The ice cream was delicious and I can't wait for the ice cream lady to make some more. I'll see you soon. Definitely read Midnights! It's super short and I'm sure you'll love it. Love you Sue! xx

      Delete

Xena Roberts. Powered by Blogger.